Following extensive trials, the first safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine has been approved in the UK and is now available to priority groups.
Clevedon Medical Centre is working with other surgeries in our area to offer COVID-19 vaccination clinics. Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Due to the storage requirements and the fragility of the vaccine the government has mandated that the group of surgeries only vaccinate from one site. Our vaccination site will be in Portishead and details will be given when we contact you to make an appointment.
When it is the right time for you to receive your vaccination, you will receive an invitation to come forward. This may be via the phone, or through a text or letter either from your GP or the national booking system.
We know lots of people will be eager to get protected but we are asking people not to contact us to get an appointment as you will not be able to get one until you are contacted.
You need 2 doses, 3 weeks apart. We will book both appointments at the same time. It is very important that you attend both appointments. The immune protection will take some weeks to be relied upon.
For those that are interested about details on the vaccine itself, there is already lots of information about the Pfizer Biontech vaccine in the public domain. Please click on the links below for more information.
Guidance for patients who have been invited to a COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- It is very important that you attend both appointments but please do not come if you have any possible COVID symptoms.
- If you are not able to attend you must let us know as soon as possible.
- Please come into the surgery independently. Any carers or people that bring you down must wait outside.
- You will need to wait for 15 minutes after your vaccination.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment and queue in the marquee at the side of the surgery
- Please wear a face mask
- Please wear short sleeves or a vest-sleeved top so that we can access your upper arm easily
- Please park in the Homebase car park across the road if possible to reduce congestion near the surgery
- You should not have any other vaccinations within 7 days before or after your COVID vaccination