Clinics & Services
Our Practice Nurses see patients by appointment for the following:
- Weight Management
- Coronary Heart Screening
- Diabetic screening and reviews
- Contraception - pill checks, Depo injections, fitting coils, Implants & caps
- Well Woman
- Minor Illness Clinic
- Smoking Cessation
- Dementia reviews
The nursing staff can help you with:
- Immunisation & travel advice
- Removal of stitches
- Blood tests & other investigations**
- Ear Syringing*
- Childhood Immunisations
- Flu, pneumococcal and shingles vaccinations
- Pertussis vaccines
- Ambulatory BPs
* if eligible (i.e. is required for secondary care / audiology, and arranged with your doctor first.
** if arranged with your doctor first
Parents are notified when their children are due for immunisation, but if you are in doubt please ask your Health Visitor on 01275 885 514.
Flu & Pneumococcal Vaccinations
For registered patients over 65 years of age and those in at risk categories, the practice offers flu vaccinations. Vaccinations will take place in Autumn each year and the Medical Centre will publicise the campaign.
For patients aged over 65 who have not already had one, the practice recommends they have a pneumococcal vaccination. With todays vaccinations you only need one in a lifetime.